Friday, July 22, 2011

Something to make me smile in all this rain

Cabin fever had set in today so I took Buggleugs out for a walk to get a coffee. I spotted a knitted tree. Cheered up a very grey day. Note the little booties hanging down as well. Cute!

I've started a little knitting project - making squares for a blanket for Save the Children - Born to Knit - they are aiming for 16,500 blankets to help reduce the effects of pneumonia in children under 5 in their health programs across Asia. It's heartbreaking to read on their site that 8.1 million children a year die from illnesses such as pneumonia.

So far I have 2 squares down and 14 to go. I'm not a great knitter but this is something I can commit to and do whilst in front of the TV. I'm committed to actually finishing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment